History of the Trust
The Foxton Dispensary Trust was created from the legacy of Mrs Catherine Dauntesy Foxton, of Agecroft Hall, Pendleton.
She died on the 12th February 1878 and she bequeathed £6,000 to Edward Heath and Thomas Heath (whom she appointed her Trustees) to establish a dispensary at Blackpool for providing the poor residing in the parish of Poulton-le-Fylde and within the municipal boundary of Blackpool with medicines and medical advice.
With the creation of the NHS in 1948, the Trust started awarding a supply of coal to those in need. However to comply with the then 'Charity Commission', applicants had to be on medication, disabled or infirm.
With the dis-use of coal, the Trust started awarding white goods, carpets and beds. Today the Trust considers all types of assistance to ease the distress of those in desperate need.
Present Trustees of the Charity
Chairperson Mrs Audrey McLennan
Ms Wendy Holmes
Ms Joanne McKay
Mrs Alicia Grant
Mr Mike Morris
Mrs Lynn Conifey
Treasurer Mr Adrian Grant
Clerk Mr Robert Dunn
Catherine Dauntesy Foxton